Sunday, February 5, 2012

Concrete Countertops: Ready to remove the mold













The above video shows right before the mold is ready to be released. What I did not account for was the weight. There are some videos that say to invite good friends to help you and they will probably ignore any future calls for help. I called on my wife to help me. It weighed over 200lbs! What I ended up doing was creating legs like on the bottom of the form, clamped them on top, and flipped it over. Once it was flipped over we took off the clamps.


While the picture looks like a success there was a major failure that caused me to abandon the countertop. I was not able to get all the voids out of the concrete. There were holes in the back of the sink by the drain. It did work well enough to give a second go at it.






No comments:

Post a Comment